Friday, August 29, 2008

A Whole New Outlook

10 months have passed since I have written on this blog and a lot has transpired but I have decided that now is the time for me to turn over a new leaf and begin posting more often. Not for anyone other than myself. Writing has always been an outlet for me and hopefully it will be again. Two weeks ago I got a call from my sister breaking the news of a friend who was severely injured in a plane crash. Many of you know of this crash as well. It is a situation which is on many of our minds and constantly in our thoughts and prayers. For me, this entire situation has caused me to reevaluate my life and the life of my small family. I have 2 small children near the ages of hers. I think often of her young children and what it must be like to be in their situation and I constantly find myself fighting back the tears. Then my thoughts move to my own children and husband and how I want so desperately to have the best relationship with them I can possibly have because you never know when something might change that. Life is so unpredictable. I have spent much of this morning making personal goals, goals for my relationship with my husband and goals for our family to strengthen our family so that we can be as strong as Stephanie and her husband and their kids. I have no doubt that her family will make it through this trial of hardship due to the strength they have and love they have for one another.

No comments: