Tuesday, December 9, 2008
This blog posting thing is much harder than I had thought....either that or I just don't take the time. I think it is the latter really. I love to write but always trying to do things for the girls I don't seem to take the time to do that kind of stuff these days. Unfortunately I would probably feel a lot better if I did take the time to write more often as it is a great outlet for me.
I love this time of year but this year has been a bit more stressful than normal. We are under more financial constraints than normal and that is hard when it comes to being able to do Christmas for two little ones. However, in a lot of ways it makes the season a little more special because it makes us cling to our little ones just that much more. I should feel pretty good considering my kids understand the gravity of the situation and don't want anything for Christmas other than a "homemade" blanket made by mommy, a new build a bear and a new movie. Luckily I have a few other things I have that I can make for them...(like the hats above)
But, I really do have great kids...just look how cute they are in those cute hats...and they really do love each other that much!! They are such sweethearts!
Monday, December 8, 2008
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Always Wrapping Paper ... I love wrapping presents (except that it irritates the herniated disc in my neck!)
2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial, just easier with little ones around
3. When do you put up the tree? The week of Thanksgiving
4. When do you take the tree down? Around New Year's Day
5. Do you like eggnog? NO! I can't stand that crap!
6. Favorite gift received as a child? One of a kind teddy bear
7. Hardest person to buy for? Nate
8. Easiest person to buy for? My kids and my sister
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes! While I was in Merri-Miss I earned a nativity...I think it was a program that the church had for only 1 year...but I have a beautiful white ceramic nativity that I earned thru that.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? I will be mailing out Christmas cards this year...this week actually! Just got the pictures back today!
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? To be honest, I can't remember any that were that bad. I am sure that I was not in LOVE with everything but my parents always gave great gifts.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? It is much to hard to pick just one...we are currently in the process of watching as many Christmas movies as possible with the girls...some of our favorites include...Polar Express, Santa Clause, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, Mickey's Once upon a Christmas and many others....
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Usually about Thanksgiving but this year I started earlier to spread the spending out.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Most likely
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Grandma Bostwicks Christmas Cookies, Homemade Caramel, Toffee, Popcorn Crisp, Peanut Brittle etc
16. Lights on the tree? Are you kidding? Who doesn't put lights on the tree?
17. Favorite Christmas song? O Holy Night all the way!! And The Prayer by Celine Dion and Andrea Bocelli even though I don't think that is really a Christmas song...
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Always stay home...all my family is close.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen but do you recall..........the most famous reindeer of all....buh boom boom boom Rudolph the Red nose Reindeer had a very shiny nose.....and if you ever saw it....you would even say it glows...all of the other reindeer used to laugh and call him names...
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star of course...I have a slight star fetish
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas pjs on Christmas Eve....all the rest on Christmas morning
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Traffic and the way people act....this is a great time of year and yet people act so inconsiderate....why is that?
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I have a artificial tree that looks like it has been snowed on...you can still see some green but mostly white....but I decorate that tree in all silver and white...it looks beautiful...
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Turkey....just like Thanksgiving
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? For Christmas this year...I want to get my house completely finished...I need to get my main floor carpet replaced and hard wood laid...I would like to get all my draperies up and all my storage areas organized. I really don't desire too much material item...mostly just help getting everything organized.