Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Homemade Christmas


This blog posting thing is much harder than I had thought....either that or I just don't take the time. I think it is the latter really. I love to write but always trying to do things for the girls I don't seem to take the time to do that kind of stuff these days. Unfortunately I would probably feel a lot better if I did take the time to write more often as it is a great outlet for me.

I love this time of year but this year has been a bit more stressful than normal. We are under more financial constraints than normal and that is hard when it comes to being able to do Christmas for two little ones. However, in a lot of ways it makes the season a little more special because it makes us cling to our little ones just that much more. I should feel pretty good considering my kids understand the gravity of the situation and don't want anything for Christmas other than a "homemade" blanket made by mommy, a new build a bear and a new movie. Luckily I have a few other things I have that I can make for them...(like the hats above)
But, I really do have great kids...just look how cute they are in those cute hats...and they really do love each other that much!! They are such sweethearts!


3 comments:

Mike and Ariane said...

It's been so long since I've seen photos of the girls. They are getting so big and they are Beeeeautiful! Too post more pics and video if you can! Cute hats!

No Big Dill said...

Rebecca, good to hear from you! I have a Bernina sewing machine and would really use nothing else if I had a choice. They are more spendy, but if you have a poor quality machine, you won't want to use it anyway, so it is worth it. Good luck in your sewing endeavors!

jayne wells said...

Hi Rebecca!
I'm glad you found me! It has been forever! Your girls are darling. I'm impressed you made those cute hats--I love them! Thanks for writing!
Jayne